What is Web Development?
Web development is the process of designing, building, and managing websites, web applications, and other online platforms accessible over the Internet. It includes a combination of programming languages, frameworks, tools, and techniques to design, build and implement web solutions that users can access in products. use different browsers.
The word Web Development is made up of two words, that is:
- Web: It refers to websites, web pages or anything that works over the internet.
- Development: It refers to building the application from scratch.
Web Development can be classified into two ways:
- Frontend Development
- Backend Development
- Frontend Roadmap:
- HTML: HTML stands for HyperText Markup Language. HTML consists of the creation of web pages and the creation of content, sentences, images, links, etc. responsible for its definition. It acts as a skeleton for a website since it is used to make the structure of a website.
- CSS: Cascading Style Sheets fondly referred to as CSS is a simply designed language intended to simplify the process of making web pages presentable. It is used to style format HTML content, controlling things like colors, fonts, layout, and space design.
Front-end developers work with designers to translate visual ideas into code, ensuring that the website’s design, aesthetics, and user experience match established standards. They focus on creating intuitive and user-friendly interfaces, optimizing performance, and making the browser compatible. Front-end developers often use frameworks, libraries, and tools as mentioned below to simplify development, increase productivity, and build diverse and interactive web applications.
Frontend Frameworks and Libraries:
Backend Development in Web Development
Back-end development, also known as server-side development, refers to the creation and maintenance of server-side logic, databases, and APIs that power a website or website. It includes handling behind-the-scenes tasks that allow the front end to communicate with the server and perform various tasks.
Back-end developers are responsible for building and managing server-side components that manage data processing, storage, and retrieval. They use programming languages like Python, Ruby, Java, PHP, or Node.js and frameworks like Django, Ruby on Rails, Spring, Laravel, or Express.
js to generate server-side logic.
Roles of the Backend Developers:
- Implement Business Logic
- Perform Data validation and Authentication
- Handle Database transaction
- Ensure Application Security and Scalability
- creating API that allows Communication between front-end and Backend Systems
- Managing User Accounts
- Processing Documents
- Handling File Uploads
- Maintaining regular Files
- Performing calculations and Complex Operations
- Backend Roadmap:
- PHP: PHP is a server-side scripting language designed specifically for web development.
- Java: Java is one of the most popular and widely used programming languages. It is highly scalable.
- Python: Python is a programming language that lets you work quickly and integrate systems more efficiently.
- Back-End Frameworks: The list of back-end frameworks are: Express, Django, Rails, Laravel, Spring, etc.
Web Development Tutorials
- React JS
Collaboration between front-end and back-end developers is essential to create seamless and responsive web applications that provide a great user experience. This also ensures the achievement of the goal of web development.